OpenPKG Registry Help
OpenPKG Download Policy Changed
Since 2005-11-28 the download policy on OpenPKG.org had to be slightly changed
in order to allow the OpenPKG project to better identify its effective
user community. This is absolutely vital for the future of the OpenPKG
project and every long-term OpenPKG user is called to support the
OpenPKG project with both a simple, free of charge
registration and an identification during downloads.
Through the usual anonymous
access a subset of the OpenPKG
distribution files (about 21GB of 65GB in total) still can be
downloaded, including the full latest OpenPKG-2.5-RELEASE files for
allowing anyone to easily and fully anonymously evaluate and install
For additionally downloading...
- manpower-intensive latest OpenPKG-RELEASE distribution updates
- manpower-intensive latest OpenPKG-CURRENT distribution
- previous and already phased-out OpenPKG-RELEASE distributions
...directly from OpenPKG.org, one has to identify oneself during download on the
OpenPKG FTP service
OpenPKG RSYNC service
OpenPKG Registry Launched
- registered and verified Email address (manual usage by humans) or
- registered and associated UUID of an OpenPKG instance (automated usage by tools).
To gain full access to all OpenPKG download resources is a simple two-step procedure:
- Register as an OpenPKG fellow on the OpenPKG Registry website by clicking
on its "Login" and then "Account Enrollment" buttons and signing up
with your valid Email address.
- For downloading files, access the OpenPKG FTP and RSYNC services with
the URLs ftp://email@example.com/ and
an empty password on both and remember that the "@" in email-address
might to be replaced with "%40" for some clients. For rsync the
empty password can be passed with RSYNC_PASSWORD="" in the environment.
For more Questions & Answers on the OpenPKG Registry and the
access via the OpenPKG FTP and RSYNC services, please see
our Frequently Asked Questions